Saturday, August 06, 2005

Two Years Ago

Two years ago tonight, I thought I had kidney stones, and my wife took me to the hospital.

Next thing I remember is waking up and being told it was September.

Twice my wife was told to make plans for what to do with my remains.

I had less than a 5% chance of survival.

But I'm one tough son-of-a-bitch. I beat the disease. I got out so I could play Xbox Live with my homies.

Point of all this? Never, ever, give up hope. My wife never did, and I love her for fighting for me. Also, ask what the potential side effects of your perscriptions might be when you get them. Don't just blindly trust your doctors.

I lost 40 pounds in 30 days on the Coma Diet!

3 Comments:

Blogger coxie said...

Hey Dren, you can be sure we're all glad to have you around!!!

The Mrs.

10:26 PM  
Blogger ladydeath13 said...

HEY DREN GLAD YOU ARE AROUND TO PEE IN MY POOL ALL THE TIME,YOU FYB.LIVE LONG AND HAPPY :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger The Dren said...

Thansk gang!

You're the best motley crew anyone could hope to be fragged with!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home